The National Foundation's Mandate in the New Governing Council renewed at the EFC’s General Assembly for the 2018 – 2021 Period
(Zagreb, 5 July 2018) The National Foundation for Civil Society Development was reelected to the new Governing Council for the 2018 – 2021 period at the Annual Members Conference of the European Foundation Centre, the largest European network of foundations and corporate donors, which was held last week in Bruxelles.
The European Foundation Centre (EFC), which brings together more than 400 influential foundations originating mostly from Europe, but other continents as well, held its 29th Annual Conference entitled “Culture Is Important: Connecting Communities by Connecting Citizens” from 29 May to 31 May 2018 in Bruxelles.
The National Foundation, represented by its Head Cvjetana Plavša-Matić, was reelected to the EFC’s new Governing Council for the 2018 – 2021 period at the EFC’s General Assembly comprising all member foundations, which convened during the Conference, that is on 31 May.
The Governing Council is the highest body of the EFC which makes strategic and programming decisions implemented on the operative level by the Management Committee and the Chair of the EFC.
The following foundations were also unanimously elected to the Governing Council together with the National Foundation:
- King Baudouin Foundation, represented by Luc Tayart de Borms;
- Oak Foundation, represented by Vinit Rishi;
- Robert Bosch Stiftung, represented by Sandra Breka;
- Rockefeller brothers Fund, represented by Elizabeth Campbell;
- Fondazione Cariplo, represented by Sergio Urbani;
- "la Caixa" Banking Foundation, represented by Angel Font;
- Foundation de France, represented by Frederic Theret;
- Risbankens Jubleumsfond, represented by Goran Blomqvist.